Thursday 18 April 2013

To Rahul Gandhi...


The recent Delhi rape case has been the last straw of sorts as far as the concern of safety for women goes. Our nation is filled with complacent politicians and helpless women. I take a strong stand when I call the women of my nation “helpless”. These include my mother, my sister, my girlfriend and also my teachers and friends.  The present scenario in India pertaining to the security of a woman is pretty sickening. One can almost claim that in certain parts of our country no woman can walk safely without being sexually jeered at. We have all seen it happen. Unfortunately, much ado is created around these events and a lot of media attention is garnered but nothing substantial is being done.
I believe that for such heinous acts, a law for capital punishment must be passed. Only if we, as a mass, come together against these crimes can something strong be done. In fact, there should be an agenda for the security of the fairer sex in the upcoming general elections. Are you listening Mr. Rahul Gandhi?

---Mediajunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment